I have one table in a DD that I can't edit or add any field, I get an error that say that the ID in the table don't match the ID in DD. I is set to auto create. I can delete the table and it creates a new table, but I still can edit the new table I get the same Id error. I can't remove it from the DD get same error. I can turn the Auto Create on and of it will save it. Any idea, thanks.

asked 23 Apr '15, 07:13

KimHJ's gravatar image

KimHJ
accept rate: 16%

That is very odd. Can't say I've seen this before, but thinking about it you can try the following (this may or may not work):

1. Use FreeADT from the ARC directory (command line) to free the newly created table
  2. Without deleting the file use the command DROP TABLE tablename FROM DATABASE NO_DELETE
  3. try and re-add the table back into the dictionary

Another option. Get out of the dictionary completely (all users). Delete the .AI file and try to recreate the table again to see if it complains about the id.

link

answered 23 Apr '15, 13:25

Edgar%20Sherman's gravatar image

Edgar Sherman
5.4k13185
accept rate: 25%

I would also believe that deleting the table and auto-creating it should solve the issue. If you should be using referential integrity rules then the error might come from some other table that is updated in the background maybe. So you may want to think a bit wider.

link

answered 24 Apr '15, 00:31

Stephan%20Leiwering's gravatar image

Stephan Leiw...
2.1k173362
accept rate: 19%

I didn't even thing of this. I fully agree, if there are RI rules as you open the one table the RI Rules will auto-open the other tables.

(24 Apr '15, 15:44) Edgar Sherman

After restarting the computer everything worked as normal.

link

answered 27 Apr '15, 05:41

KimHJ's gravatar image

KimHJ
accept rate: 16%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×55
×18

Asked: 23 Apr '15, 07:13

Seen: 1,870 times

Last updated: 27 Apr '15, 05:41

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info