I'm developing an application using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. My application uses the Microsoft Visual FoxPro OLE DB Provider ("VFP Provider") to access Microsoft Visual FoxPro data using "Advantage OLEDB Provider v11.10". I compile this application, targeting "Any CPU" or "x64" in the build properties for the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 project. then i run this application on a 64-bit operating system.

When the application calls the VFP OLE DB Provider, the following error appears:

"The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine."

I built this application in VS2008 on x86 XP machine. It is working fine here but on Production machine 64 bit 2008 server R2, "The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine." Error. anybody can help ?

thanks in advance.

with regards

asked 02 Apr '15, 13:06

Kirpalani's gravatar image

Kirpalani
accept rate: 0%

VFPOLEDB.1 is not an Advantage product. Looks like you're using wrong classes. BTW: For .NET we recommend to use the Advantage .NET Data Provider instead.

link

answered 03 Apr '15, 04:04

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

Dear Joachim, thank you for valuable reply, i tried as per your recommendation ADS OLEDB and ADS .NET Data Provider. its working fine if both end file access by ADVANTAGE.

but if my .NET program try to access .DBF file with ADS OLEDB Connection string then other Xbase++ based program do not able to access this ( getting locking issue ) or vice-versa.

So i was tried with FoxPro VFPOLEDB.1 based connection string.

Please Advice me how can i access same .DBF file from Using C# (ADS .NET Provider) also Xbase++ base program non ADS.

thank you.

link

answered 21 Apr '15, 05:16

Kirpalani's gravatar image

Kirpalani
accept rate: 0%

set the locking mode to compatible.

(21 Apr '15, 05:57) Joachim Duerr
Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×172
×133
×101
×76
×24

Asked: 02 Apr '15, 13:06

Seen: 5,840 times

Last updated: 21 Apr '15, 05:57

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info