I am using C++ Builder XE6 and XE7. I have both installed. Once I have all projects working in XE7 I will uninstall XE6.

All my projects work fine with XE6. I installed XE7 yesterday. After XE7 was installed I uninstalled Advantage Local Server and reinstalled local server (11.10.0.22).

All of my projects compile with XE7 with no errors. Some projects run just fine, other projects give me the 6420 error. I don't see anything that the projects that fail have in common. I tried deleting the AdsConnection and creating a new connection, this had no effect. If I set the 'IsConnected' to true, and make my tables 'Active', my data does appear in the DBGrids, so I do have a connection to the tables.

Also tried copying all the files from \Program files\Advantage 11.10\TDataset\Redistribute to my executable folder so I know it's using the 11.10 version and not any 10.10 files (which I also have installed for use with C++ Builder 5.0).

Not sure it matters, but I have XE6 installed on my C: drive, and XE7 installed on P:, both are local hard disks, not network drives.

Thanks for the help!

=================================================================================================

The error can be seen here

www.rcscoringpro.com/tracks/6420.png

I have been using Advantage Local Server since about 2001, I have the components installed into C++ Builder, it is not the full blown Advantage Server. I've seen the 6420 error dozens of times over the years, always with Local Server (which is all I use on this PC). The file I installed was from this URL:

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=20&Release=19&Product=10&Platform=11

Could you tell me the names of the DLL's that are being used so I can search for duplicates that might be out of date?

Thanks!

asked 12 Jan '15, 21:33

Davi%20in%20Wisconsin's gravatar image

Davi in Wisc...
accept rate: 0%

edited 13 Jan '15, 09:33

The files are located in the redistribute folder of the TDataset installation. Regarding Local Server: set the servertype to local only in order not to get a "Remote Server Discovery Error" (6420).

(13 Jan '15, 13:21) Joachim Duerr

"local server" is just a DLL that provides similar functionality to the client/server. I guess you're using a full blown Advantage Server installed locally ("Local Server" connectivity never returns 6420 errors).
To resolve 6420, check out this KB item: http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=061009-1806

link

answered 13 Jan '15, 00:20

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×79

Asked: 12 Jan '15, 21:33

Seen: 1,764 times

Last updated: 13 Jan '15, 13:21

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info