We are on version 11.10. The ADS server will keep a disconnected connection. I can duplicate the issue by killing the Internet connection on the client, close the application. reconnect the Internet. I can create a new connection and exit properly, but that "Stale" connection will remain. That connection will stay there until I manually disconnect the user via Remote Server info in ARC.

I have noticed that the connections that are being kept are AIS connections. Again, if the client closes out of the program correctly, the active connection will be removed. It is only on the loss of network that ADS keeps a stale connection and this connection remains which causes other users to not being able to login (eventually, we run out of users allowed).

I want ADS to kill the stale connection. We have to restart ADS every two months or so because we build up these stale connections. Is there a way for these "Stale" connections to be removed? any Settings? Even a SQL in ARC would be easier than manually trying to decide which disconnected user/connection to kill.

asked 20 May '16, 07:21

Michael%20Head's gravatar image

Michael Head
accept rate: 0%

Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×271
×154
×3

Asked: 20 May '16, 07:21

Seen: 1,104 times

Last updated: 20 May '16, 07:21

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info