I am trying to add fields to a table in a data dictionary.

I have a query with the SQL = Alter table PrintClasses add column SortType integer

Then I run Query->ExecSQL();

I get an error "The command cannot be completed with the current user permissions" Error 5054

I can do this on free tables with no error. I have Windows 7. How do I set the permissions of the data dictionary so I can add fields?

Thanks!

asked 10 Feb '16, 21:24

Davi%20in%20Wisconsin's gravatar image

Davi in Wisc...
accept rate: 0%

you need to connect using ADSSYS user or any other user either member of DB:ADMIN or with the permissions to modify the table.

link

answered 11 Feb '16, 00:47

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

Thank you for the help. I'm just running Local Server, so I'm not familiar with ADSSYS for connecting. If that a function of the AdsConnection component? I don't have a connection password, maybe I need one.

(11 Feb '16, 01:14) Davi in Wisc...

AdsConnection1.UserName := 'ADSSYS'; AdsConnection1.Connect;

(11 Feb '16, 01:50) Joachim Duerr

I have the TAdsConnection component on a form. I have Username set to AdsSys, and Password is set to 'Password' in the object inspector.

My TAdsDictionary has Username and Password set to the same values.

In my code I have

AdsConnectionDict->Username = "AdsSys"; AdsConnectionDict->Password = "Password"; AdsConnectionDict->IsConnected = true;

I get a 7078 error when I try to connect. I'm not sure if I have to set the password through ARC32.

(13 Feb '16, 23:07) Davi in Wisc...
Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×325

Asked: 10 Feb '16, 21:24

Seen: 1,083 times

Last updated: 13 Feb '16, 23:07

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info