Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and Delphi 10 Seattle, only to find out there's no ADS components package for this version. Yes I know, I should have checked! I did that for all my other 3rd party components but I overlooked ADS.

As I do not want to roll back everything, I like to find out:

1. When will a Delphi 10 compatible installation be available?
  2. Will it be usable against ADS Server 10.1? (Don't want to force customers to upgrade if no new functionality is required).
  3. Whilst waiting on the package to be released, is the a way to manually install something?

Thanks, Mark

asked 14 Nov '15, 13:56

Softdrill%20NL's gravatar image

Softdrill NL
accept rate: 0%

12next »

Work on Delphi 10 Seattle support is in progress. Specifying the time of release is not yet possible, but it is a high priority item for us.

ADS 10.1 is no longer supported, so the Delphi 10 Seattle supported TDataSet components will be released only for 11.1 and 12. They won't work with ADS 10.1.

Hope this helps.

link

answered 24 Nov '15, 11:09

Parag%20Mahadane's gravatar image

Parag Mahadane
accept rate: 4%

I would highly appreciate if someone could answer these questions. I'm stuck and cannot work on my database applications unless I downgrade my Delphi version again. Something I like to avoid if at all possible....

Thanks, Mark

link

answered 23 Nov '15, 22:01

Softdrill NL

Not really. I am sort of stuck (unable to work on my database applications) unless I revert back to my old Delphi version.

I would therefore be highly appreciated if you could specify a time frame (to decide whether it's worthwhile to revert to a previous Delphi version) or a work-around to install the "old components". For the latter I have found some articles, but I keep running into issues re-building / installing...

Thanks, Mark

link

answered 05 Dec '15, 15:52

Softdrill NL

Has somebody dared to recompile the components for 10 Seattle? I'm not sure if it's still going to work. Do you remember the broken TList<> in XE8? I might be totally wrong, but didn't Sybase adjust their components to work around this bug which should be gone since XE8.1? I'm not sure whether XE10 will be safe to use or not...

link

answered 14 Dec '15, 11:57

Overclock%20Your%20Breakfast's gravatar image

Overclock Yo...

I have tried to recompile earlier versions with modifications, but no luck (unable to compile/install). I sure hope the new components will be released soon, because I am now unable to maintain/develop database applications.

Strange that a new release of ADS is released but not the components. I mean, updating ADS is not the worst (although I still have to "sell" it to my clients - how have no real need to do so, as version 10/11 runs fine) but now it's not even possible to develop for version 12 (regardless of Delphi version)....

link

answered 19 Dec '15, 17:02

Softdrill NL

Well, compiling and using the components actually works fine for me. Since SAP still hasn't been able to distribute a working developing redistributable, I really wonder if we shouldn't host a small git or mercurial repository ourselves somewhere and hope to not get sued.

Using the redist files of the most recent version (11.10.0.24) is important. Also, be sure to have the fix for the XE8 disaster included.

link

answered 29 Dec '15, 16:38

Overclock%20Your%20Breakfast's gravatar image

Overclock Yo...

edited 29 Dec '15, 16:39

Here's my ADS 10.10 tDataset for Delphi 10 Seattle.

Unzip contents in your tDATASET Folder and install packages. We're working only with the 32bit version of this component! We have not tested 64bit so far.

ADS tDataset 10.10.x for Delphi 10 Seattle

link

answered 17 Jan '16, 11:55

MicrotronX's gravatar image

MicrotronX
accept rate: 12%

edited 17 Jan '16, 11:56

Now I have finally been able to download and install the XE10 components, I am still stuck. Several copies of ADS 10.1 are still in use (including with myself). I have tried to contact sales on SAP-SYB-ADS_TEAM@SAP.com (14 January) to obtain the latest price list and see if I could upgrade my developer license.

I am even prepared to switch my developer license to a commercial license, but unfortunately no response whatsoever to my email...

Apart from the long wait for the components and a response to my email, I am now also starting to be concerned about (future) support of this product. I have invested a lot in it, but I am seriously starting to wonder whether I should be looking at alternatives. What is required to get a response? Have I used the wrong email address?

Mark

link

answered 18 Jan '16, 22:46

Softdrill NL

MicrotronX - Thank you for uploading your files. I unzipped the files, then I loaded each project and built each project, but no .bpl files were created. Not sure what I am missing.

Some additional instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

link

answered 20 Jan '16, 08:48

Davi%20in%20Wisconsin's gravatar image

Davi in Wisc...

Hello Davi,

1 - add tdataset\delphixe10\win32\source folder to your library 2 - open adsdxe10studio.dpk compile 3 - open adsdxe10dstudio.dpk compile 4 - install adsdxe10dstudio.dpk

(20 Jan '16, 10:30) MicrotronX

Thanks for the help.

For others reading this, be careful the file names above are very similar.

Step 2 the file name is adsdxe10studio.dpk (note that it's '10studio' and not '10dstudio'). Click FILE | Open Project. Then in the project group right click and select COMPILE.

Step 3 the file name is adsdxe10dstudio.dpk - there is a 'd' after the '10'. Click FILE | Open Project. Then in the project group right click and select COMPILE.

Step 4 - FILE | Open Project. Then in the Project Group RIGHT CLICK on adsdxe10dstudio.dpk and select INSTALL.

link

answered 20 Jan '16, 20:08

Davi%20in%20Wisconsin's gravatar image

Davi in Wisc...

edited 20 Jan '16, 22:48

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×271

Asked: 14 Nov '15, 13:56

Seen: 6,492 times

Last updated: 21 Jan '16, 22:29

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info