I'm writing in VFP9 accessing Advantage Databases that have data dictionaries. These two different databases are from different manufacturers who both use ADS. One works just fine, while the other gets Warning: The connection transaction mode cannot be set (Error 1487). I'm using the SQLSetProp(theodbchandle, 'Transactions', 2) where the 2 parameter sets the mode to manual. FoxPro uses the ODBC api to set the property. This setprop works great on MSSQL and on all but one ADS database. Anyone have any ideas?

I was using REMOTE|LOCAL and the db that worked was remote. Now that I try them both on my local machine, they both fail. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction. A good discussion on REMOTE/LOCAL is at http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/forum/questions/4162/i-dont-get-how-advantage-database-works-a-few-doubts

asked 17 Jul '15, 16:02

GaryG's gravatar image

GaryG
accept rate: 0%

edited 18 Jul '15, 10:48

Did you connect using REMOTE or LOCAL Server? Local Server doesn't support transactions.

link

answered 18 Jul '15, 01:49

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×30

Asked: 17 Jul '15, 16:02

Seen: 1,358 times

Last updated: 18 Jul '15, 10:48

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info