1. connection string i try { ADS (ADS OLEDB / .NET Provider) also Provider=vfpoledb.1}

// ADS base Connection String, this work fine if both end use Advantage, but if xbase++ program do not use Advantage connection then "Locking situation "Occur" whoever access first another get file lock error. string connectionString = string.Format(@"Provider=Advantage OLE DB Provider;data source={0}; Advantage Server Type=ADS_REMOTE_SERVER;SecurityMode=ADS_IGNORERIGHTS;TableType=ADS_CDX;", folderPath);

to fix this i use : string connectionString = string.Format(@"Provider=vfpoledb.1;data source={0}; Advantage Server Type=ADS_REMOTE_SERVER;SecurityMode=ADS_IGNORERIGHTS;TableType=vfp;", folderPath);

1. My Novell server environment :

I have Novell Server and there ADBANTAGE 9.1 is install and all the Xbase++ / Caliper based written program access DBF file from that location using Novell window client :Userame /password

now im trying to build some webservice using VS2008 / Visual studio 2010 ( C# ) to access those .DBF file ( Read and Write ), and if i use ADS .NET provider then im able to do that, but if file not open by non ads program.

1. when it works when not works, So i tried with "vfpoledb.1" it works only via VS debug mode but not works in IIS "when i publish in IIS its giving me this error " System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Invalid path or file name. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at NovelDBFConnector.DAL.Connect(String connectionString) in D:\NovelDBFConnector\DAL.cs:line 39 at NovelDBFConnector.DAL.ExecQuery(String connectionString, String qry) in D:\NovelDBFConnector\DAL.cs:line 55 at NovelDBFConnector.BLL.GetProductDetail(String barcode) in D:\NovelDBFConnector\BLL.cs:line 94 at NovelDBFConnector.PCheckService.GetProductDetail(String barcode) in D:\NovelDBFConnector\PCheckService.asmx.cs:line 24 "

2. My application type is asmx web service using WSDL.

asked 21 Apr '15, 05:52

Kirpalani's gravatar image

Kirpalani
accept rate: 0%

Your question is hard to understand.

to answer this question:

ADS base Connection String, this work fine if both end use Advantage, but if xbase++ program do not use Advantage connection then "Locking situation "Occur" whoever access first another get file lock error.

Make sure that you are setting the connection string option LockMode=ADS_COMPATIBLE_LOCKING i f you plan to share the tables with xbase programs not using Advantage Drivers

For the second question I suspect the problem is you are using Mapped drives. IIS runs under a different user than your user running in Debug mode. It won't know about mapped drives or likely will not have network permission to access the files.

You can try to change the user IIS is running as. Another option is to use the ADS drivers with a UNC path to a share. Be sure to set SecurityMode=ADS_IGNORERIGHTS (which it looks like you do) and it should work.

link

answered 21 Apr '15, 07:28

Edgar%20Sherman's gravatar image

Edgar Sherman
5.4k13185
accept rate: 25%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×133
×76
×24
×21
×16

Asked: 21 Apr '15, 05:52

Seen: 2,607 times

Last updated: 21 Apr '15, 07:28

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info