We are getting a 6602 error when downloading large emails in our application.

I'm wondering if it's an issue of the client and server (using ADS 11) not communicating for too long during the download.

The server has a client timeout set for 120 seconds, but I'd expect a different error for that?

Also, I've read about the max_timeouts setting for the ads.ini file, but I don't understand the exact interactions that are going on and what to change.

The program runs in the main thread and continues to communicate with the ADS while a thread downloads the email. The thread creates its own connection to the server.

Would long downloads cause this issue?

The call stacks suggest that it's the main thread that is getting the error.

asked 25 Feb '15, 10:17

keith%20c's gravatar image

keith c
accept rate: 12%

edited 26 Feb '15, 09:20

Jens%20M%C3%BChlenhoff's gravatar image

Jens Mühlenhoff
1.3k51037

max_timeouts means the client will wait max_timeouts*15 sec before throwing this error. Increasing this value (client side ads.ini file) might solve your issue. Here's a KB item that deals with this: http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=070919-1945

link

answered 26 Feb '15, 05:27

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

This error continues to plague me at multiple sites. I haven't messed with the ads.ini settings yet, but there must be some reason I've started getting the errors at sites that never did before. I'm using Delphi XE7 and the latest FireDAC that came with it.

My question is, what is the consequence of getting a 6602 error exactly? Can I trap it and continue on? How can I cause the error to occur on purpose to test it? What's the best way to gracefully handle this exception in my application to keep the end users from being annoyed? ( I don't mean to ask how to program around exceptions, I mean what should I do for this particular error when it happens ). Thanks.

link

answered 05 Mar '15, 10:10

keith%20c's gravatar image

keith c
accept rate: 12%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×30
×3
×3
×1
×1

Asked: 25 Feb '15, 10:17

Seen: 3,679 times

Last updated: 05 Mar '15, 10:10

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info