Dear folks

I'm attempting to use the DBAdvSmoothListBox with Advantage Local tables. For some reason or other the DB cursor simply doesn't move when another item on the list is selected.

I have tested this with one of the demo apps provided by TMS by replacing the TAdoTable with a TADSTable. Exactly the same behaviour. The selection on the list DOES NOT match the selected record on the grid.

The point is that, in both versions, the same TDatasource was used. So something appears to be "busted". Has anyone else run into this problem? Have you managed to arrange a work-around? Like getting the contents of one of the Databinding "fields" and using that to simulate a scroll by using a search (Find or Locate).

Anyone got any idea how to do that? I can't find a way of getting the field's contents from the list.

I've been communicating with the folks at TMS but they seem to assume everything should work. Which makes perfect sense. The problem is - it doesn't

Anyone else having problems using Advantage tables with the TMS DB-aware components?

Regards.

Alan

asked 03 Jan '15, 16:18

AlanJ's gravatar image

AlanJ
accept rate: 0%

Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×133

Asked: 03 Jan '15, 16:18

Seen: 2,062 times

Last updated: 03 Jan '15, 16:18

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info