Sorry for the newb question, but is there a way to schedule execution of a data dictionary's stored procedures? I'm familiar with jobs in the MSSQL environment and am wondering if there's something similar. From all the documentation I've found it seems like there isn't.

If that's the case, is there any other way to do this without having to compile a third-party application? I'm looking for something lightweight to just do occasional, automated maintenance. For example, maybe there's something like adsbackup.exe that can use the SP name as an argument?

Thank you.

asked 26 Dec '14, 13:47

JakeR's gravatar image

JakeR
accept rate: 0%

Hi Jake You don't have to use a 3rd party product because ADS delivers a asqlcmd.exe which you find in the ADS server directory. You can start that programm to run sql scripts in a ASCII file. See the documatation for samples. I use windows task scheduler to set up jobs for backup, maintainance, aso. I think that should fit all your demands.

Regards Marcus

link

answered 27 Dec '14, 01:04

Marcus%20Herz's gravatar image

Marcus Herz
accept rate: 19%

Thank you Marcus. Any idea where to get that file? It's not in the application directory or the directory for ARC. We're still on 10.10; maybe it's a later tool?

(30 Dec '14, 17:21) JakeR

It is part of the ADS Server installation and you find it in the directory of ADS Server, not ARC directory! I am not sure if it comes with version 10. I do not have a setup of version 10 any more, so I cannot confirm.

(31 Dec '14, 02:22) Marcus Herz
Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×55
×40

Asked: 26 Dec '14, 13:47

Seen: 1,428 times

Last updated: 31 Dec '14, 02:22

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info