Hello guys,

I'm trying to create a connection on SSIS using provided OLE DB driver (adsoledb_ x86_64 v10.0 to be exact). The driver has worked on SQL Server Management Studio and I've successfully managed to connect to Advantaged Database through Linked Servers (See image #1). However when I jump onto Visual Studio Integration Service I don't seem to be able to find the Advantage OLE DB Provider option (See image #2).

Image #1

Image #2

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Direction to the right place would be appreciated.

asked 14 Jul '14, 22:21

ejk64's gravatar image

ejk64
accept rate: 0%

I've not used this or tried to set it up, but when you mention "Visual Studio Integration Service" that make me think something running inside of Visual Studio.

I believe that Visual Studio is still 32-bit. (Check if devenv.exe starts in the task manager when you start the Visual Studio Integration Service and see if it has the "*32" next to it).

If it is 32-bit, then you need to also install the 32-bit OLE DB Provider.

If not, maybe you can comment or edit the question on how to get to that screen.

Edgar

link

answered 17 Jul '14, 10:13

Edgar%20Sherman's gravatar image

Edgar Sherman
5.4k13185
accept rate: 25%

Thank you Edgar, yes indeed Visual Studio is 32 bit and I've solved the issue by finding a 32 bit version of the OLE DB driver. Thank you.

EJK

(17 Jul '14, 14:23) ejk64
Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×325
×101
×93
×16

Asked: 14 Jul '14, 22:21

Seen: 2,676 times

Last updated: 17 Jul '14, 14:23

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info