I posted this in the FireDAC forum and Dimitri say ask Advantage. I think it's a FireDAC issue, but just in case anyone has any insight into this... (thanks)

Do I need to set anything up pre-compiling to have FireDAC use v9.10 or Advantage components. I thought I had successfully converted from the ADS comps to FireDAC comps as everything was working with the installed v11 ADS dll's. When I put the executable in directory with v9.10 dll's for advantage then any query that has an order by clause gets a 5116 error (advantage could not find an index order with the specified key expression). I am switching to FireDAC precisely to be able to use v9.10 of ADS to remain backwards compatible. I'm using XE4.

asked 04 Oct '13, 07:38

keith%20c's gravatar image

keith c
accept rate: 12%

edited 30 Mar '15, 02:54

Jens%20M%C3%BChlenhoff's gravatar image

Jens Mühlenhoff
1.3k51037

FYI - Version 10.10 DLLs seem to work fine.

(04 Oct '13, 09:15) keith c

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with the inner-workings of FireDAC. Does FireDAC provide any logging that may be useful for gathering more information? I'm interested, specifically, in what key expression produces this error (and how that relates to the fields in the ORDER BY clause). Also, are there any errors logged in your Advantage error log that may shed a little more light on it?

(19 Nov '13, 21:12) Jed Thomet

collation mismatch? Did you reindex after changing the ACE?

link

answered 20 Nov '13, 00:35

Joachim%20Duerr's gravatar image

Joachim Duerr
8.7k1031133
accept rate: 18%

Hi all, I'm refloating this question as there is no specific answer and I'm having the same problem. I'm using XE5 Enterprise with Firedac against ADS V8.

My problem comes out when I try to query over any table on my DD with an "order by" option, but not always happen, the tables I've tried with have a field char(30) which I want to order by.

If I order by another field like integer works fine or even I dont use any order, the query runs fine too.

Is this a problem with FD and my ADS V8 ?? Could be solved with XE6 or XE7 ? Does FD get better on those versions ?

Thanks.

link

answered 24 Oct '14, 07:15

lbidi's gravatar image

lbidi
accept rate: 14%

I answer my own question. After lots of tries, I found that if I do select top n from table order by field the error it's gone. Using ADS 8 , XE5 and FireDac.

link

answered 20 Mar '15, 05:43

lbidi's gravatar image

lbidi
accept rate: 14%

Your answer to the original question.
If responding to a request for additional information, please edit the question or use the comment functionality.
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×271
×4
×1

Asked: 04 Oct '13, 07:38

Seen: 3,881 times

Last updated: 30 Mar '15, 02:54

Advantage Developer Zone Contact Us Privacy Policy Copyright Info