22.214.171.124 - Advantage Data Architect (ARC)
This Service Update of the Advantage Data Architect (ARC) addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where ARC would report the error "unable to locate size row for new field" when modifying table properties.
- Fixed an issue where the "add existing index" quick menu option was provided on free tables when it should not be. If selected it would cause an access violation.
- Fixed an issue when comparing dictionaries where an ALTER TABLE statement was generated for a table without the 'ALTER TABLE' preamble.
- Fixed an issue where a connection was not closed when using the Remote Management Utility when only a server name was given in the connection path.
- Fixed an issue where Advantage Data Architect creates an incorrect CREATE PROCEDURE statement for COM AEPs.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would raise an access violation when trying to show the execution plan of a query that resulted in an error.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would display system field properties when connected to a version 9.x server. Also fixed an issue where ARC would generate unnecessary calls to sp_ModifyFieldProperty when generating SQL or comparing dictionaries.
- Fixed an issue where hitting enter in the connection password dialog could cause a table, procedure or view to be opened depending on how the connection repository tree view expanded.
- Fixed an issue where the ARC dictionary comparison utility would raise 5004 errors if the client did not have rights to either data directory.
This Service update also includes fixes for the following issues that have been addressed in previous service updates:
- Fixed an issue where the Advantage Data Architect environment check utility would hang every time it was run.
- Fixed an issue where the Advantage Data Architect would open new DBF tables as free tables if opened directly after creating the new table on a dictionary-bound connection. If subsequent changes were then made to the table structure, the structure stored in the dictionary would not be correctly maintained.
- Fixed 5018 error when importing DBF/NTX tables.Improved the handling of numeric values less than 0.000050 when importing into ADT tables with numeric fields.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Advantage Data Architect context sensitive help from working.
- Fixed an issue where replicating an exiting user's permissions when creating a new user in Advantage Data Architect would result in an exception.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the ENTER key on a table object in the Advantage Data Architect Connection Repository would not open the table.
- Fixed an issue where the Advantage Data Architect import functionality would import memo fields incorrectly, assigning a different data type to the field.
- The backup and restore dialogs now sort table names alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through fields in the table designer could result in an invalid filter being set on the field properties. This invalid filter could result in error messages similar to the following: "unable to locate decimals row for new field".
- Modified the cancel button on the dictionary differentiator dialog to handle the cancel message in a more timely fashion.
- Fixed an issue where the dictionary differentiator utility would write unnecessary GRANT statements.
- Fixed an access violation when importing a CSV text file that has an empty string as a column name in the first line.
- Fixed an issue where the table designer showed "primary" as an indexing option on DBF tables.
- Fixed an issue where numeric parameters in user defined functions were not handled correctly when altering an existing function.
- Fixed the order of SQL statements in the data dictionary differentiator to create indexes before setting table properties when doing a single table comparison.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would not restore to the correct monitor on dual monitor systems.
- Fixed SQL utility to correctly highlight single line comments delimited with //
- Modified data grids in ARC it does not create columns that are not wide enough to display the column names. Also added a configurable minimum column width setting.
- Fixed an issue where ARC could not display table properties for tables that had character fields over 32k in length.
- Fixed an issue on machines with multiple monitors where the mouse would jump to the primary monitor and be constrained to that monitor after moving a table in the visual RI designer.
- Modified the SQL Utility to display corrupt date fields by highlighting the corrupt fields, as opposed to raising "invalid date/timestamp" exceptions.
- Fixed a bug in the Tables To Code functionality where an index name could be delimited twice when exporting to SQL.
- It is no longer possible to create a UDF in ARC without a return type.
- Fixed a bug in ARC where the incorrect communication type was used when opening a table.
- Fixed an issue where the RI Visual Designer did not correctly reposition tables in the designer. All tables were stacked in the top left corner of the designer. This issue was only found in version 126.96.36.199 of the Advantage Data Architect.
- Fixed an issue where the trigger dialog would use an incorrect trigger name when saving trigger properties if changes were made to the trigger, and then another trigger was selected from the drop-down combo box of trigger names.
- Fixed an access violation when comparing data dictionaries with functions and packages.
- Improved functionality that imports text files with delimited column names.
- Executables and installs are now digitally signed to prove their origin and authenticity.
- Modified table browser to highlight corrupt date and time fields, instead of raising exceptions. This allows these records to be corrected or deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the RI creation dialog would incorrectly clear the primary key selection.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would not always persist user/group permissions changes.
- Fixed an access violation in ARC when comparing data dictionaries.
- Improved the usability of the publication dialog in ARC.
- Changed ARC to not add extra single quotes to CREATE VIEW statements containing strings.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would incorrectly return a 5146 error when attempting to change table properties on a table that was involved in a referential integrity constraint.
- Added support for Windows Vista.
- Fixed an issue where ARC would open the query utility or other tools on the wrong connection if a dictionary was opened from Windows Explorer and had the same name as an existing connection repository item, but was located in a different directory.
- Modified ARC behavior when a table or dictionary is opened from a shell or from Windows Explorer. Files will now be opened in an existing ARC instance if it exists, as opposed to always starting a new instance of ARC.
- Modified ARC to open files dropped on an ARC instance from Windows Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where the Tables To Code functionality would repeat Full Text Search noise words when multiple tags were in a single index file.
- Fixed an issue where ARC was highlighting ELSIF as a reserved keyword, when the correct keyword is ELSE IF.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to create a data dictionary bound table as a user other than AdsSys.
- Improved the performance of the Dictionary Differentiator when dealing with dictionaries with large numbers of users that inherit their permissions from groups.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect SQL was generated for tables when the default table path property of the database was set to a subdirectory.
- Fixed an issue where the Dictionary Differentiator would generate more ALTER TABLE statements than were required.
- Fixed an issue where the IN DATABASE clause was not added to SQL CREATE TABLE statements generated by ARC.
- Application-level keep alive packets were added to the TCP comm layer to prevent certain firewalls from closing Advantage connections that have been idle for a length of time.
- Fixed an issue where a zap table command was allowed if a user did not have delete permissions, but did have insert or update permissions.
- Fixed an issue where script triggers would not free memory associated with their in-memory tables (the __new and __old tables) until the connection was closed.
- Fixed an issue where tables could be corrupted in specific error situations during a table restructure or ALTER TABLE operation.
- Fixed an issue where indexes built via the auto-create functionality were built with the index tags in a different order than the original index.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly returned a 7035 record visibility error when setting an Advantage Optimized Filter (AOF).
- Fixed an issue that caused data dictionary corruption when a table restructure created duplicate column names in a table.
- Executables and installs are now digitally signed to prove their origin and authenticity.
- Fixed an issue that caused an SQL script to fail if the script was executed twice consecutively and the script included "DROP TABLE ..." and "CREATE TABLE ..." statements.
- Added additional check in the external procedure execution code to prevent the AEP or DLL based trigger from incorrectly using handles belonging to other connection.
This Service Update of the Advantage Client Engine (ACE) addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where TCP connections attempted from a Linux client would fail with the return code 22.
- Added the ability to create a Windows crash dump file if an access violation occurs.
This Service update includes fixes for the following Advantage Communication Layer issues that have been addressed in previous service updates:
- Fixed an issue that would cause a 6624 error when using TCP/IP communication when connected to a NetWare server.
- Fixed an issue with the Advantage communications library that would cause it to choose the wrong IP address when connecting to an Advantage Database Server running on a multihomed machine. The problem would sometimes result in returning a 6629 error to the client.
- Discovery options can now be set using the ads.ini file; instead, of only through the registry.