The ADS Support Capture Tool (ADS_SupportCapture.exe) is a utility designed
to gather support files and ADS Server settings in a quick and simple manor.
What It Does
The ADS Support Capture Tool will gather the following items and put them into
one zip file that the customer can email to us.
* ADS_ERR.* files.
* Windows Event Logs
* The latest ADS dump file (if one exists)
* A report with various ADS server settings and IP configuration information.
Optionally, it can:
* Run ADTFix on a specific folder of tables to check for corruption
* Connect to the current ADS service and get stats and info
* Specify the age of dump files to be received
* Gather the MSInfo32 information for the system it is run on
The zip file will be placed in the same folder as the Error and Assert Log path
defined in the Advantage Configuration Utility (where the ADS_ERR.* files are
located). However, if ADS is installed on Mirosoft Vista, the location of the
zip file will be: C:\Users\Public\ADS_SupportCapture.zip
In either case, the location will be displayed to the user when the program has completed.
* This program is designed to run on a Windows server that has ADS installed on it.
* This application has been tested with Advantage 7, 8, and 9
MSInfo32 is known to lockup on some machines. If you find that it is locking up on
your machine, please run with a -id instead of a -i. This is a Windows bug and is not
reproducable on all machines.
If MSInfo32 locks up using with both options, please do not use either options.